Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Up until now I've been forgivin' and forgettin' because of the way I was brought up, but I'll tell you one thingI'm gonna change you from a rooster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Violet: All right, I'm gonna leave. But don't you ever refer to me as your girl again.
Franklin M. Hart Jr.: What is God's name are you talking about?
Violet: I'll tell you what I'm talking about. I'm no girl, I'm a woman. I'm not you wife or your mother.
Violet: [gesturing toward Doralee] Or even your mistress.
Doralee: What?
Violet: I am your employee and as such I expect to be treated with a little dignity and a little respect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doralee: What do you mean "mistress"?
Violet: Oh, just come off it, Doralee. The whole company knows you two are having an affair.
Doralee: Who's been saying we're having an affair?
Violet: [pointing at Hart] Who's been saying it? He has.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doralee: So, you've been tellin' everybody I've been sleepin' with ya, huh? Well that explains it! That's why these people treat me like some dime-store floozy. They think I'm screwin' the boss! Oooh, and you just love it, don't you? It gives you some sort of cheap thrill like knockin' over pencils and pickin' up papers! Get your scummy hands offa me! Look I've been straight with you since the first day I got here, and I've put up with all of your pinchin' and starin' and chasin' me around the desk because I need this job. But this is the last straw! Look, I've got a gun out there in my purse. Up until now I've been forgivin' and forgettin' because of the way I was brought up, but I'll tell you one thing. If you ever say another word about me or make another indecent proposal, I'm gonna get that gun of mine, and I'm gonna change you from a rooster to a hen with one shot! And don't think I can't do it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: